What are Cookies?Cookies are small text files that are stored on your computer. Some are used to allow you to shop on the Site whilst others are used by us to monitor performance and improve the customer experience. Cookies cannot harm your computer and Personal Information such as card details and email address is not stored in them. By law we are responsible for informing you about cookies and how they are used on this Site. Most web browsers will automatically allow cookies to download and we have given information about how you can check your individual settings below.
Managing CookiesIf cookies aren't enabled on your computer, it will mean that your shopping experience on our Site will be limited and will prevent the flow of information required to generate a shopping basket. We would encourage you to allow cookies to be used when visiting our Site. However, you may wish to block and/or delete cookies which can be done through your web browser.
To Enable CookiesFor PCs: click on 'Help' at the top of your browser window and select the 'About' option.
For Macs: with the browser window open, click on the Apple menu and select the 'About' option.
How to Check Cookies are Enabled for PCsListed below are the most common web browsers people use. If you are on a work computer then you may have a different browser installed; please refer to your IT department or research the software online.
Google Chrome1. Click on 'Tools' at the top of your browser window and select Option
2. Click the 'Under the Hood' tab, locate the 'Privacy' section, and select the 'Content settings' button
3. Now select 'Allow local data to be set'
Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0, 7.0, 8.01. Click on 'Tools' at the top of your browser window and select 'Internet options' , then click on the 'Privacy' tab
2. Ensure that your Privacy level is set to Medium or below, which will enable cookies in your browser
3. Settings above Medium will disable cookies
Mozilla Firefox1. Click on 'Tools' at the top of your browser window and select Options
2. Then select the Privacy icon
3. Click on Cookies, then select 'allow sites to set cookies'
Safari1. Click on the Cog icon at the top of your browser window and select the 'Preferences' option
2. Click on 'Security', check the option that says 'Block third-party and advertising cookies'
3. Click 'Save
How to Check Cookies are Enabled for Macs
Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0 on OSX 11. Click on 'Explorer' at the top of your browser window and select 'Preferences' options
2. Scroll down until you see 'Cookies' under Receiving Files
3. Select the 'Never Ask' option
Safari on OSX1. Click on 'Safari' at the top of your browser window and select the 'Preferences' option
2. Click on 'Security' then 'Accept cookies'
3. Select the 'Only from site you navigate to'
Mozilla and Netscape on OSX1. Click on 'Mozilla' or 'Netscape' at the top of your browser window and select the 'Preferences' option
2. Scroll down until you see cookies under 'Privacy & Security'
3. Select 'Enable cookies for the originating web site only'
Opera1. Click on 'Menu' at the top of your browser window and select 'Settings'
2. Then select 'Preferences', select the 'Advanced' tab
3. Then select 'Accept cookies' option
Third-Party CookiesNot all cookies used on our website originate from Chapelle and we don't control the setting of these cookies. We suggest you check the third-party websites for more information about their cookies and how to manage them. A full list of the cookies we use and where they originate from is given below.
If you'd like to learn more about cookies in general and how to manage them, visit www.aboutcookies.org. Chapelle cannot be held responsible for information on third party websites.