Your Privacy on this Website
Chapelle Jewellery ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
We are committed to protecting our users' privacy on www.chapelle.co.uk. We offer this statement to inform our users of how we define, gather and use personally identifiable information, which they submit to us via this site. We will take reasonable steps to protect Personal Information submitted by users of this site in such a way as is consistent with this Privacy Statement and in accordance with all applicable data protection and privacy law. The Personal Information that we collect from users includes the following: a person's full name, address, telephone number, date of birth and/or email address.
If you do not wish us to process your Personal Information for the reasons and in the manner set out in this Privacy Statement, please do not use this site or any of the services available through it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Chapelle Jewellery of PO Box 7549, Colwick, Nottingham, NG4 2YG.
Our collection of personally identifiable information
We gather information on our users in two different ways:
- You supply it in response to a request from Us.
- Cookie technology.
We collect Personal Information voluntarily submitted by its users as part of the registration process for its services. You may also be asked to disclose Personal Information at other times, for example, in relation to your participation in any competitions.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site www.chapelle.co.uk (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, search for a product, place an order on our site, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this site. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
- Companies we work with. We work with some 3rd party agencies to allow us to improve the performance of website and to personalise your experience. www.reviews.co.uk, www.mailchimp.com and www.cloudiq.co.uk are concerned with email contact. Netdespatch and Royal Mail will contact you regarding the delivery of your order. Smarter Click (www.smarterclick.co.uk) will collect your email address with your consent to allow us to send you offers and deals. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Our use of personally identifiable information
We may use Personal Information collected online in the following ways:
- to develop and improve the products, benefits and services We or carefully selected business partners offer to Our registered users and other users of the Site;
- to enable users to become registered users of the Site and to interact with online products and services;
- for processing customer orders;
- for Site administration and development (for example to analyse usage trends and to make improvements to the Site in accordance with such usage trends);
- to contact you by post and email, or by SMS, to inform you about any of our products and services that we think may be of interest. We will not do this without having your prior permission. If at any time you subsequently wish to discontinue receiving post or emails about our products and services please indicate this by checking the relevant checkboxes within the My Account section of the site. If you no longer wish to receive promotional communications by email, you will be given the option to opt out.
- to contact you, where you have authorised us to do so, when you have won a competition on the Site or to provide you with a email newsletter; and
- in assessing your request for goods or services for the purposes of the prevention and detection of fraud. One of the purposes for which We may disclose your address and postcode details is to check them against the IMRG Security Alert or any other fraud prevention scheme.
We may in the event that we undergo a re-organisation of Our corporate group or sell any part of the site, transfer your Personal Information to the new owner of the site if you are a registered user of the services on the site.
Updating your Personal Information
If at any time you believe your registered details to be incorrect, you can update them by clicking into the My Account section of the Site.
Disclosure of personally identifiable information
Except as set out in this Privacy Statement, We will not sell, rent or disclose your Personal Information to third parties without your prior permission.
Your personal information and payment card details will be processed by SagePay and/or PayPal for the purposes set out in this section of our Privacy Statement.
For the purposes of dealing with payment transactions and to protect against fraud your information will be processed on our behalf by SagePay and /or PayPal This means that your credit/debit card details are shared with SagePay and / or PayPal and may be stored by SagePay and / or Paypal outside of the EEA. SagePay and PayPal encrypt your credit/debit card information and use a secure server to process your personal information and payment card details.
We may carry out fraud and security checks with SagePay and other organisations involved in fraud prevention. If we or they suspect or identify fraud we and/or they may record this and may also pass this information to other organisations for the purpose of fraud prevention. We, SagePay and these other organisations may use this information for fraud prevention purposes in the future.
SagePay and PayPal have been certified as being compliant with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS). To date, these are the most stringent security requirements in the industry concerning how payment card data is secured, technologically as well as from a process standpoint.
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
- Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Chapelle Jewellery or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Data Protection Act 1998
We comply with the Data Protection Act of 1998 (the "Act") and with all other applicable UK data protection and privacy legislation.
Security of Your Information
We take the security of your Personal Information seriously and take all reasonable precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of it. Our agents, suppliers, subcontractors and business partners who have access to your Personal Information are also required to keep that information confidential and secure and are not permitted to use it for any other purpose other than to carry out the provision of services which they are providing to Us or otherwise as set out in this Privacy Statement.
We have a secure server that uses Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption to protect your Personal Information.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at PO Box 7549, Colwick, Nottingham, NG4 2YG OR email@example.com.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Amendments to this privacy statement
We reserve the right to modify or update this Privacy Statement at any time. Any amendments will be published on the site. Users are therefore encouraged to review this Privacy Statement from time to time. If you continue to use this site after any such amended version of this Privacy Statement has been published you will be deemed to have consented to the amendments. If you do not agree to the amendments, please do not continue to use this site.
Cookies on this Website
Cookies enable us to make this site easier to use, to support the provision of information and functionality to you, as well as to provide us with information about how this site is used so that we can make sure it is as up to date, relevant and error free as we can. Further information about the types of cookies that are used on this site are shown.
Preventing cookies is likely to impact the functionality or performance of this site, or prevent you from using certain services provided through it. If you choose to prevent cookies, we cannot guarantee access to the services provided through this site or be sure how this site will perform during your visit. Doing so may also affect our ability to update this site to cater for user preferences and improve its performance.
The types of cookies we currently use on this Site are set out below.
These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website and use a shopping cart.
Strictly necessary cookies are essential to enable you to move around this site and use its features and/or services. These cookies allow this site to provide services at the request of users.
End of session
They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
Performance cookies allow us to update this site to cater for site user preferences and improve performance. They collect information about how this Site is used, e.g. which pages users visit most often and where error messages are delivered. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies individuals. All information is aggregated and therefore anonymous.
Some of these cookies are set by or managed for us by third parties.
Third Party (including Google Analytics, YouTube and Affiliate Networks)
These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences and previous basket content.
Functional cookies allow this site to remember choices you make (such as your user name, log in details and subscription preferences) and any customisations you make to site pages during your visit. They are also necessary to provide features and services specific to individual users, for example subscription services.
Up to 6 Months
Targeting or advertising cookies
These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
These cookies collect information about your browsing habits on this site in order to make advertising both on this site and other websites you subsequently visit relevant to you and your interests, to limit the number of times those adverts are served to you and to help measure the effectiveness of advertising campaigns.
This website uses the following targeting/advertising cookies: